Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
November 19, 2019
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Nov. 19 (04:04)

Driver pulled over before car went up in flames in Springfield
IAFF Local 648
Two drivers taken to hospital following car crash on Cooley Street in Springfield
IAFF Local 648
Crews battle two-alarm fire on Dickinson St. in Springfield
IAFF Local 648
Springfield crash leaves 2 injured, traps woman in car
IAFF Local 648
Bomb scare prompts lockdown at Mercy Medical Center
IAFF Local 648
Fire destroys top floor of house on Crystal Avenue in Springfield
IAFF Local 648
 
     
Fire at Trinity Village Apartments
Updated On: Nov 30, 2009

Kitchen fire drives residents from Brockton apartment building


advertisement
ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
Posted Aug 28, 2009 @ 03:28 PM

BROCKTON —

Elderly and disabled residents of building C at Trinity Village were driven to the street when a fire broke out in the kitchen of a second-floor unit Friday.

Firefighters found heavy smoke and then heavy fire when they answered the 12:19 p.m. call, according to Lt. Edward Williams of fire prevention.

He said the elderly resident thought she had turned the stove off but had actually turned it higher, causing the fire.

At least two people were taken to the hospital because they needed electricity to support medical devices, Williams said. Power to the building was temporarily turned off.

Residents were allowed to return to all but three apartments. Management is relocating those three, said Williams.

Trinity Village is composed of several buildings, offering housing for the elderly and disabled. It is privately owned.


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2019, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

305934 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image