Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
February 20, 2018
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Feb. 20 (16:45)

MSCFF NEW Mobile App
Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters
URGENT NEED for L21 Volunteers this Saturday at The Beer Dabbler
IAFF Local 21
IAFF Local 781 - 2018 Golf Tournament
Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters
7th District Scholarship Application Period Open
IAFF 7th District
Local 21 Regrets To Announce The Passing Of Retired Firefighter Richard “Dick” Johnson
IAFF Local 21
IAFF 100th Anniversary
Denver Firefighters Local 858
 
     
Silver Road Fire 10-15-06
Posted On: Oct 16, 2006

Baby bottles blamed for Brockton kitchen fire


By Maria Papadopoulos, Enterprise staff writer

BROCKTON — A pot full of plastic baby bottles on a kitchen stove is believed to have started a kitchen fire Sunday morning in a Silver Road home, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported.

Authorities received a 911 emergency call reporting the fire at 37-39 Silver Road at 8:41 a.m. Sunday, said Fire Deputy Chief Edward Mack.

Upon arrival, firefighters found flames in the kitchen area of a second-floor apartment, Mack said. The fire was contained to the stove area, he said.

“It looks like they were just boiling baby bottles and it looks like they ran out of water,” Mack said. “The plastic bottles ignited and spread into the stove range hood.”

Tenants who were evacuated were later allowed back into the building after the flames were extinguished, Mack said.

Responding to the scene were Squad A, Ladder 1 and engine companies 4 and 5.


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2018, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

252269 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image